Yours Trully...

My photo
I am Me. In all the world, there is no one else exactly like me. However I look and sound, whatever I say and do, and whatever I think and feel at a given moment in time is authentically me. I own my fantasies, my dreams, my hopes, my fears. I own my triumphs and successes, all my failures and mistakes. Because I own all of me, I can become intimately acquainted with me. I have the tools to survive, to be close to others, to be productive, and to make sense and order out of the world of people and things outside of me. I own me, and therefore, I can engineer me. I am me, and I am Okay.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Lessons From the Past....Story of my life.

Here's a start after a long break from blog writting... only this time its gonna be a bit different.. a bit personal...

Sometimes i wonder how many people really know me? I would bet with my newly-washed-underwear that not many people do.... =p

I've been breathing air for 2-n-ahalf decades now....but the last a-decade was the most life changing so far...and it still ongoing which makes future more fun to live for. I did alot, experienced alot...felt alot. I had all the experienced a boy could ever wish for.... it was WILD i can assure you. What was done can neither be undone nor can it be repeated. So, i take one experience at a time as a lesson for the next...
however, unlike most typical-happy-ending-hollywood-movies...mine was upside down. i had all the best, fun, great experiences 1st before hell came down REPEATEDLY knocking at my door....until then, i finally learned n understand the true meaning of life.

So, when i looked back at the past, the history of my life...i was better now than i was then. So i realized what i do about history matters.
The often repeated saying that those who forget the lessons of history are doomed to repeat them has a lot of truth in it. But what are 'the lessons of history'? The very attempt at definition furnishes ground for new conflicts. History is not a recipe book; past events are never replicated in the present in quite the same way. Historical events are infinitely variable and their interpretations are a constantly shifting process. There are no certainties to be found in the past, at least for now. History has become fractions of memories that lies deep within me..occasionally haunting sporadically tormenting this very poor soul.

So, How am i to live a moral and compassionate existence when i am fully aware of the blood, the horror inherent in life, when i find darkness not only in my culture but within myself? If there is a stage at which an individual life becomes truly adult, it must be when i grasp the irony in its unfolding and accepts responsibility for a life lived in the midst of such paradox. I must live in the middle of contradiction, because if all contradiction were eliminated at once, life would collapse. There are simply no answers to some of the great pressing questions. I continue to live them out, making my life a worthy expression of leaning into the light.

Summary: Reality of life is cruel, feel its cruelty and until then u can win the best out of ur life... even better, win the best out of a person u can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment